Problem with Screenshot

Hi
Just upgraded to Ubuntu Mate 26.04.1
Want to take a screenshot (going through menu and then selecting ‘area to grab’). Action window and selection goes fine.
But when at saving the shot…it stalls get into a soul searching… :roll_eyes:
Any idea ?
Thx

p.s. just saw TKN post in another thread here. Thanks.

W

1 Like

It is fixed in 26.10 but it might be a good idea if the fix was backported to 26.04

1 Like

:rofl: From now on I’ll not use the word ‘hang’. I like this phrase better. :smile:

As I mentioned in the other thread, please give sometime as stonking release is priority now. I’ll check with others how we can bring fixes to resolute (which did not have official UM release).

2 Likes

Hi, @Watford

Okay, I was curious about this, so I tried it, and I also got the soul-searching cursor. Then I tried FlameShot, and that worked. However…

When I tried to open the saved png file, Eye of Mate failed, with the same soul-searching cursor…

Right-click, Open with… and I selected feh and that works fine, but EOM is definitely defective in 26.04.1. How do I file a bug report for this?

Can anyone else (@tkn ?) confirm whether or not this bug exists in 26.10?

Edited 2026-10-02_1346_MST:

~$ eom

(eom:44200): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 13:44:46.603: cannot register existing type 'EomWindow'

(eom:44200): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 13:44:46.603: cannot add private field to invalid (non-instantiatable) type '<invalid>'

(eom:44200): GLib-CRITICAL **: 13:44:46.603: g_once_init_leave_pointer: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(eom:44200): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 13:44:46.603: g_object_new_valist: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(eom:44200): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:44:46.603: gtk_window_present_with_time: assertion 'GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
~$ 
2 Likes

I can confirm that EOM just works in 26.10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

On my UM 26.04.1 with Mate 1.28.2 using Flameshot I can open the .png by just clicking on it. But the standard Screenshot does the same, so can’t save the image.
On a separate laptop with UM 26.10 and 1.28.2 Screenshot works fine.

W

1 Like