MS Edge/Chromium and Cloudflare issue on Linux

I figured I’d post this up in the General category as there’s no particular category for this “issue”.

I have an Ubuntu MATE 24.04.5 system that I use as a testing ground for things I’m not comfortable doing on my daily driver. On this machine I have the very latest version of Edge and it cannot access any Discourse sites and for a cooking/grilling site that I’m a member of it gets caught in a continual Cloudflare security check loop. Other sites I’ve tried load normally though.

None of the above happens with FF. Plus it gave me a reason to actually do something with my Win11 machine and both Edge and FF work as they should on it.

Not really an issue but more of a curiosity. Just wondering if anyone out there has noticed a similar issue with Edge if they have it installed.

This also applies to my Android phone. Same issues with DDgo but FF works as expected. Appears to be an issue Chromium based browsers.

2 Likes

Figured it out. In Edge/Chrome this needed to be ticked on:

In DDgo on my phone you needed to tap the :fire: button and then tap Delete All.

None of this was the case just a few days ago so something has changed.

4 Likes

Changed the title to reflect the broader issue.

2 Likes