Well, Gnome strikes again :'(

So I “upgraded” my Evolution the other day to version 3.45.3-2. Boy did I get a surprise, they changed the interface and it’s hideous. I really wish Gnome would get off the mobile device kick.
I went to Mate just to get away from it (basically Gnome 2) and then I get this look in evolution

Son of a motherless goat! Anyone know of an email program that handles local mail (cron reports, log reports, etc) that isn’t a PIA to set up? I know there’s half a million or more that handle IMAP but other than Mutt I don’t know much about the others. Thunderbird isn’t my favorite, but I’ll use it if I have to.

1 Like

My suggestion would have been Thunderbird. Currently it’s the best of a bad lot.

1 Like

I really love thunderbird. Tbh, its recent renovations look really nice and if you don’t like them, you can turn them off (for the most part.)

1 Like

Well it looks like Thunderbird or suffer so far, I tried Claws Mail and it doesn’t handle Oauth or MFA very well, actually it doesn’t (yes I’ve requested it to do that with the devs). It’s kind of sad it doesn’t because setting up local mail is just amazing. When I can get it to talk to gmail it’s nice because it’s easy to decide if you want to view an email as HTML or plain text or block images.
So I’ve downloaded TB. Hope it has improved since my last adventure with it.

I found out I can disable the “look” by running
gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.shell use-header-bar false

and restarting Evolution.
I guess it’s called “Client Side Decoration” All I know is it’s FUGLY :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: