**Is Web3 About to Revolutionize the Technology World?**

What is Web3? The notion for a new version of the World Wide Web that integrates ideas like decentralization, blockchain technology, and token-based economy is called Web 3.0, or Web 3.

Web3 systems are computer code-controlled technological protocols that provide safe and direct connections between users, apps, and data. A decentralized Internet requires peer-to-peer networking, decentralized data storage, and blockchain technology.

By using Web 3.0 models, we can make the Internet more accessible, fair, and safe for all users. Web3 browsers Brave, Orion, and Beaker Browser are all made to safeguard user privacy and provide users greater control over their data.
Today.

Web3 includes a wide range of use cases, including supply chain management, decentralized storage, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), blockchain-based identities, Decentralized finance (DeFi) and much more.

Is this what the world needs and if so when will it fully be integrated into our day-to-day living?

Web3 is one of the greatest evolutions of the web, I cannot disagree with that. But even if the system itself is decentralized, it still depends on some centralized applications/companies.

For example, I’m developing some decentralized web applications using handshake domains, but they are reached by just some specific browsers, and the domains are resolved by some specific DNS resolvers. So, as long as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge decide to support those names, my applications will not be reachable.

There is the same situation for IPv6 for instance. It is needed but still, we cannot use it worldwide.

In short, Web3 looks great but there is still time for it to be used widely.

Even Brave Browser supports Web 3 applications by the fact of experience used by large number of users.

Ahhh… is that right? I recall a backgrounder on Web3/Web3.0 by science journalist Sabine Hossenfelder which explains that they are different entities:

In it, she pokes fun at the so-called Web3’s immaturity and suggests it’s not necessary.

1 Like