Our user trust level system is a fundamental cornerstone of our community forums. Trust levels are a way of…
- Sandboxing new users in your community so that they cannot accidentally hurt themselves or other users while they are learning what to do.
- Granting experienced users more rights over time, so that they can help everyone maintain and moderate the community they generously contribute so much of their time to.
Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around. As such, they can be further trusted to help manage the community.
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
- Must have visited at least 15% of days
- Must have replied to at least 3 different non-PM topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25%
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25%
- Must have received 2 likes, and given 3 likes.*
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months.
All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.
Users at trust level 3 can…
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
- TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
- Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×
- Access a the regulars forum area that is only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
Thanks for being an important part of this community!
Please note that only members who continue to meet the requirements over time will remain regulars. (Level 3)